• Page:

TOPIC: Get License

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #1

• Samardac
  • Rocket 3F Team
  • Thank you received: 200
There are 2 versions of Rocket 3F:

- Basic, Freee!
It is full version of Rocket 3F except you can not: customize it, change hotkeys, customize UI, create your own tools etc, you just use it how it is. This version is best for Beginners, Concept Artists and other persons who do not want to spend time customizing Rocket 3F, you have everything you need right out of the box!
Get it!

- Pro, 155 EUR 99 EUR.
It is a flagship version of Rocket 3F, you can customize it the way you need it, you can change hotkeys, create your own User Interface, create your own StreamLine and Composite Tools, create your own Radial menu, etc... you can change everything! And the main feature is that you will get thousands and thousands of new tools that is not available in Free and Basic versions.
If you ever used NVil, you can think about Rocket 3F Pro as NVil on steroids!
Get it!

Comparison chart:

Basic v.1!
For Freelancers, Designers, etc...
Rocket 3F: Full!!!
Life Time Licence: Yes
Subscription: No
Customize UI: No
Change Hotkeys: No
Customize Tools: No
Price: FREE!!!
Get it!

Pro v.1!
For Professional modelers...
Rocket 3F: Full!!!
Life Time Licence: Yes
Subscription: No
Customize UI: Yes
Change Hotkeys: Yes
Customize Tools: Yes
]Price: 155 EUR 79 EUR
Get it!

Pro Version video overview:

Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Samardac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ido, Iustina, plgx, Mr. Know-it-All, miguelcsgo

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #2

• mkdm
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi Samardac.

@You : "Pro, 160 EUR..."

Very interesting news!

As many others, I already have a commercial license of NVIL.

It could be possible to buy this new R3F combined Pro version at a discounted price for NVIL's owners ?
I hope so...

Please, let me know.

I stay tuned. Ciao!

- Marco (mkdm)

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #3

• Samardac
  • Rocket 3F Team
Marco, looks like when site was moved to new server some replies was lost.
As I said I do not know for now about updating from NVil, we did not discuss it yet, but you will be able to update from Rocket Basic version. For now it looks like 160-55=105 EUR, will costs update.

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #4

• Samardac
  • Rocket 3F Team
I think for now there will be no any trial version of Pro.
NVil is platform for Rocket so you will have everything that you have in NVil without any limitations.

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #5

• mkdm
  • Platinum Member
Thanks.

@You : "...so you will have everything that you have in NVil without any limitations."

This is perfect.

I asked for a trial version only in order to see how will look and works the new R3F Pro.
It will be the current R3F with its already configured streamiled UI and workflow plus
the access to ALL other functions and config capabilities of NVIL ?

Anyway,when R3F Pro will be ready, it would be extremely helpful to see a video of it in action,
in order to, at least, "visually" evaluate its behavior compared to NVIL.

Thanks a lot and see you.

- Marco (mkdm)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ido

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #6

• Patrick
Hey.

I've been checking out Rocket3F for a while now. I even e-mailed about it. I've put a few friends onto it and hope they stick to using it as the software isn't bad at all.

The first thing I thought to myself when I booted into Windows just to test this software was "I wish I could change hotkeys and UI" I even looked into the settings files in the install directory to try and alter them manually, and it's great that you've included this. I will say however, I don't quite like the huge gap in pricing from basic to pro for such things. I love the inclusion of the ability to customize things as a feature, but may I ask why the pricing is so far apart?

I feel that the ability to alter the hotkeys should be offered in the basic version, I don't think that compositing custom tools should be, or customizing UI but hotkeys are pretty essential to an individuals personal workflow. Many of your users will be coming from using other software that will likely have a wide variety in hotkey setup. That's just my opinion on that.

Although what I'm trying to get at is... Customizing things such as hotkeys, interface, etc will personalize just how the software works, it will 'greatly' improve the functionality and usability of the software for anyone who invests some time in getting to grips with it and that is why it seems odd to me that this functionality will cost a person three times the amount of the basic license.

I absolutely understand that developers have to eat too, but having such a gap in the pricing of your licenses will force users to use the clunky defaults that you set in place which may deter them from just how powerful and efficient the software can be when configured correctly. Which might result in people not sticking with the software or simply not realizing the full potential, which could result in fewer active users using the software.

As I've been testing lately I've found myself having to click UI buttons more frequently then I'd like and I thought this would be a temporary thing because I saw a post about custom hotkeys and a mention that this would be a feature soon just not yet. I didn't expect that the feature would triple the cost of a base license. To me that is pretty crazy.

To add a little clarity. The current 'affordable' feature complete '3d suite' that is available (excluding blender) is Modo Indie which will cost approximately €265 but will allow for animation, texture painting on your mesh and much more. they cut out the ability to interface their API for building custom tools and functionality much like you're presenting with compositing tools, but they still allow you to alter the way their existing tools function with their built in systems and hotkeys etc. Rocket3F while not a 3D Suite nor cross platform (mac, linux and windows) is a very nice little tool as is Nvil. A very capable 3d modelling application but with this new pricing/license system you're cutting out something that could vastly improve the entire software and for the additional cost from Basic to Pro license, it's only €100 cheaper than a fully featured 3d 'suite' I don't know if you've considered that or not but...

When I first found Rocket3F in late 2016 I was fond of what I saw and a friend put me back in touch with the project not too long ago. I really liked what was offered and the pricing was pretty fair! I loved the opportunity you offered creative folk to gain a license through using or creating content with Rocket3F too, I thought that was very impressive.

So that is why I'd like to know if you're willing to share... The thought process behind the new pricing and why there is such a large gap from the Basic to Pro license price?

~ Patrick.

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #7

• Samardac
  • Rocket 3F Team
Hay Patrick, thanks for so big overview and your opinion about Rocket 3F.
Rocket 3F Pro is not just Basic version with ability to set hotkeys and change UI it is much more than this. Pro version has thousands of tools that Basic version dose not have. Tools that are on UI is just a very small part of all tools that Pro version has. It has so many tools, so to scroll them all, you will need about couple of minutes, it has all tools that you can imagine from basic to very exotic, check this video:

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #8

• Pilou
  • Pilou 3F!
  • Thank you received: 22
modo 10 indie 279,99 € vat include ;)

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #9

• Patrick
Ah, well my point still stands that it is very close in value with very much 'more' on offer.

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #10

• Patrick
This is indeed what I expected when I wrote my first reply. It's very nice. My opinion and reasoning behind what I've said still stands though.

It will be interesting to see how the licensing develops for sure.

I couldn't use Rocket basic in production myself but it's fun to play with when I'm on Windows. (which is rare) I would like to keep watching things and see how it goes from here onward. The basic version is enough to get some friends looking for something simple into 3d which is nice.

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #11

• mkdm
  • Platinum Member
Hi Patrick (and Samardac).

As I wrote on NVIL's forum, I repeat here my thought.

I think that the price of "R3F Pro version" is good and realistic.
I'm also an NVIL's user and I can say that it is has a LOOOOT of powerful modelling features.

I think that if R3F will be supported by Samardac and Istonia with constantly updated tutorials
on their Youtube channel, it can become a very good "Swiss army knife" into the current Poly/SDS
modeler market.

I only hope that, as I already asked to Samardac, it will be possible to buy R3F pro version
with a special discounted price for already NVIL's owners.

See you.

- Marco (mkdm)

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #12

• Patrick
I used to use Nvil years ago, it's a great application. What I like about Rocket is that it's easier to just launch it and use it, at least for people I am mentoring and people that are looking for something less intimidating. I wasn't saying that it's not worth the price. I was more curious why the price difference from Basic to Pro was so extreme.

Honestly... I used Nvil on some professional client work those years ago so I know just what this is capable of, but back then I had some hardware issues which lead me to switch over to Linux from windows, which meant I wasn't able to continue with Nvil. Which is why I didn't personally put out tutorials for it back then (I was in the process of recording some at the time).

I think that this Rocket3F is a nice 'skin' for Nvil. Pretty, less intimidating and easier to grasp right off the bat, back when I used Nvil I customized it heavily to meet my needs. Everyone that I had using the application ended up using my setup for it.

I'd like to see Rocket and Nvil continue onward, Istonia has been at it with Nvil for a long time so it's great to see things still moving forward.

~ Patrick.

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #13

• Samardac
  • Rocket 3F Team
I was more curious why the price difference from Basic to Pro was so extreme.
This price difference is to big because we do not want to sell Basic version at very high price, we can even get it to you for free. It is like our welcome gift if you want to enter inside Rocket 3F world :)

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #14

• kenmo
  • Thank you received: 2
I think Rocket3F is an incredible 3D modeling app. It appears to have ease of Hexagon3D or Silo3D. However I'm really confused what the difference between PRO and BASIC is... Is there a chart of tools showing the difference in tools. Rocket3F is so much friendlier than NVIL which confuses the hell out of me and kind of reminds me of Blender or Truespace for confussion.

I would also like to thank you for a wonderful youtube channel. You've rekindled my interest in MOI3D which I may have to purchase. I'm already a 3DCoat owner/user. Again many thanks, I think the end user community owes you a big thank you...
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by kenmo. Reason: spelling

Get License 3 years 9 months ago #15

• Samardac
  • Rocket 3F Team
Hay Kenmo,
Thanks for kind words!
There is no chart here, because it is too hard to make it because of lot of nuances.
The main differences between Basic and Pro is that you can totally customize Pro version(Set hotkeys, create tools, change UI, etc...) and it has thousands of tools that Basic version dose not have.
With Basic version you have only tools that you see in UI and you can not customize it at all.
So with Pro version you get full freedom you can create your "own" software, by changing UI, create your own new tools, set hotkeys etc.
  • Page: