Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Version 1.7.1

Version 1.7.1 1 month 4 weeks ago #1

  • Samardac
  • Samardac's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Rocket 3F Team
  • Posts: 1507
  • Thank you received: 200
Version 1.7.1
Updates:

* Import/Export dialog won't pop up in auto save operation. Also it was disable by default so if you send models to MoI you will not see it anymore.
* The tool tips issue fixed now it stay visible as long as you keep cursor over the button.
* Draw Mesh > Mesh_Tweak: Ctrl+Shift+MMB can be used to delete subobject loops.
* A new basic streamline tool, "Threshold_Weld_ToSelection". Press down mouse button then drag to adjust weld threshold value. Welding will be performed base on threshold value on vertices nearby subobject selections.
* Edit > Workplane > Workplane As Input Space.
* .obj object importing is improved to reduce temporary ram consuming significantly in importing process. This is good for bringing in very high poly count objects.
* Draw Mesh > Mesh_Tweak: Dot object can be snapped to symmetry plane by dragging the dot towards it.
* Better view port performance on edges rendering.
* Some bug fixings.

Download:
www.rocket3f.com/kunena/getrocket3f/405-download#3514
Last Edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Samardac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: goodrichm, Colonel_Klink, Danny

Version 1.7.1 1 month 4 weeks ago #2

  • Antons88pro
  • Antons88pro's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 28
Hi,
I'm happy to see Rocket3F getting updates, but after updating from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1 I get constant crashes after I try to do anything (make a new box, manipulate an object, etc). I get the same Fatal Error message. Error detail box has the following message:
System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
в DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.Component.DrawEdges(Device deviceIn, PrimitiveType primitiveType, Single zOffsetScaler, Color color, Boolean usingVertexColor, Int32 numVertexIndices, Int32 primitiveCount, Object indexData, Boolean sixteenBitIndices, PositionColored[] vertexStreamZeroData, Boolean isObjectSelected, Int32 edgeWidth, VertexBuffer vb, IndexBuffer ib)
в DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.Component.RenderEdges(Boolean isObjectSelected)
в DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.CharacterHolder.Render(Boolean renderEdgesToo, Boolean isDummy, Boolean canRenderVertices)
в DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.CreateBasicObjectOp.Render()
в DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.ModelDesigner.Render()
в DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.RenderObjects()
в DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.Render()
в DigitalFossil.BaseGraphicWindow.Render3DEnvironment()
в DigitalFossil.BaseGraphicWindow.FullRenderDetail(Boolean forced)

I've attached a screenshot. I've tried to restart the app, different saves and new projects, I've also tried to reboot my PC. Nothing helped.
I'm using Windows 8.1 Rocket 3F pro
For now, could you tell, how to reverse Rocket 3F version?
Please help ASAP
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Version 1.7.1 1 month 4 weeks ago #3

  • AdminSamardac
  • AdminSamardac's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Rocket 3F Team
  • Posts: 41
  • Thank you received: 5
Hay, just install previous version!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Antons88pro

Version 1.7.1 1 month 4 weeks ago #4

  • Antons88pro
  • Antons88pro's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 28
Okey, I've got the problem.
Apparently I can't use my old costume configuration. So I have to use the default one. I have not tried to redo configuration for my taste again, but even then, it would be very annoying to redo all the work.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Version 1.7.1 1 month 4 weeks ago #5

  • Samardac
  • Samardac's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Rocket 3F Team
  • Posts: 1507
  • Thank you received: 200
Hay, this is link to previous version if you loose that one:
drive.google.com/open?id=1TCxW6xq3d3LX-QecINW2SwRh0qkB5X5O

First, there is button Config it is in the bottom pannel at right from Render/Light buttons, try to use it to restore your config, read tooltips for more info.
If it dose not help than go to c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DigitalFossils\Rocket 3F\
and you will see here Foldrs like: User_Settings(Restoration Copy) Version 1.6.1, User_Settings(Restoration Copy) Version 1.7 select files from version you need where you made your custom settings than copy them to User Settings folder, make back up of it before replace files inside.
Last Edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Samardac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Version 1.7.1 1 month 3 weeks ago #6

  • Antons88pro
  • Antons88pro's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 28
I tried both methods, but they didn't help. Saying just in case, the problem is not that I can't restore my custom settings, but that whenever I have my settings it shows the same error, I've described before.

However, I'll be using 1.7 version for now. Custom settings work fine here. Thank you for the link!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Version 1.7.1 1 month 3 weeks ago #7

  • IStonia
  • IStonia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Rocket 3F Team
  • Posts: 771
  • Thank you received: 49
Antons88pro wrote:
Hi,
I'm happy to see Rocket3F getting updates, but after updating from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1 I get constant crashes after I try to do anything (make a new box, manipulate an object, etc). I get the same Fatal Error message. Error detail box has the following message:
System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
в DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.Component.DrawEdges(Device deviceIn, PrimitiveType primitiveType, Single zOffsetScaler, Color color, Boolean usingVertexColor, Int32 numVertexIndices, Int32 primitiveCount, Object indexData, Boolean sixteenBitIndices, PositionColored[] vertexStreamZeroData, Boolean isObjectSelected, Int32 edgeWidth, VertexBuffer vb, IndexBuffer ib)
в DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.Component.RenderEdges(Boolean isObjectSelected)
в DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.CharacterHolder.Render(Boolean renderEdgesToo, Boolean isDummy, Boolean canRenderVertices)
в DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.CreateBasicObjectOp.Render()
в DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.ModelDesigner.Render()
в DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.RenderObjects()
в DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.Render()
в DigitalFossil.BaseGraphicWindow.Render3DEnvironment()
в DigitalFossil.BaseGraphicWindow.FullRenderDetail(Boolean forced)

I've attached a screenshot. I've tried to restart the app, different saves and new projects, I've also tried to reboot my PC. Nothing helped.
I'm using Windows 8.1 Rocket 3F pro
For now, could you tell, how to reverse Rocket 3F version?
Please help ASAP

Try setting this value to 1. Edit > Preference > Option 1 > Edge width selected object.
If it doesn't work, can you send me the cofig files that cause this problem? The email address is here, digitalfossils.com/contact.html
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by IStonia.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Version 1.7.1 1 month 3 weeks ago #8

  • Antons88pro
  • Antons88pro's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 28
IStonia wrote:

Try setting this value to 1. Edit > Preference > Option 1 > Edge width selected object.
If it doesn't work, can you send me the cofig files that cause this problem? The email address is here, digitalfossils.com/contact.html

It worked, thanks! B) I can use Rocket3F 1.7.1 with my parameters now. But I would still like to use bigger Edge width for selected objects - it makes my work much more comfortable. I hope, you'll fix it in a future!
P.S.: "Edge width selected object." is not under "Options 1", but under "General".
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Version 1.7.1 1 month 3 weeks ago #9

  • IStonia
  • IStonia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Rocket 3F Team
  • Posts: 771
  • Thank you received: 49
Antons88pro wrote:
IStonia wrote:

Try setting this value to 1. Edit > Preference > Option 1 > Edge width selected object.
If it doesn't work, can you send me the cofig files that cause this problem? The email address is here, digitalfossils.com/contact.html

It worked, thanks! B) I can use Rocket3F 1.7.1 with my parameters now. But I would still like to use bigger Edge width for selected objects - it makes my work much more comfortable. I hope, you'll fix it in a future!
P.S.: "Edge width selected object." is not under "Options 1", but under "General".

Replace these files in your R3F folder and let me know if it's fixed.
www.digitalfossils.com/Download/Rocket3F-Sep-18-19.rar
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Version 1.7.1 1 month 3 weeks ago #10

  • Antons88pro
  • Antons88pro's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 28
IStonia wrote:

Replace these files in your R3F folder and let me know if it's fixed.
www.digitalfossils.com/Download/Rocket3F-Sep-18-19.rar

It worked, I can adjust any edge width of a chosen object in Rocket 1.7.1 now. Thank you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.